Teen Book Clubs
Cary Library offers a variety of fun book clubs for teens, grades 6-12, who are interested in reading and discussing books. Our book clubs meet monthly, three times a seasonal session.Unless noted, book clubs will meet in person this fall. Registration through the event calendar is required to participate in our teen book clubs.
For middle school age patrons, we offer two book clubs:
- BookBuzz (6th grade) meets this fall on the following Thursdays – 10/13, 11/10, 12/8 from 5-6 PM.
- BookIt (7th/8th grade) meets this fall on the following Thursdays – 10/20, 11/17, and 12/15 from 5-6 PM.
We also have three book clubs for high school students.
- Shelf Indulgence (9th grade) meets this fall on the following Wednesdays – 10/12, 11/9, and 12/14 from 7:00-8:00 PM.
- Between the Lines (10th-12th grade) meets this fall on the following Mondays – 10/17, 11/14, and 12/12 from 7:30-8:30 PM
- Breaking Boundaries through YA Lit is a monthly teen-led virtual book club open to 9-12th graders from Lexington and the surrounding areas. The mission of the group is to utilize YA books to spark conversations exploring themes of social justice, inclusion and equality, and to enhance connections from communities in and around Lexington. Register prior to noon the day of the meeting to receive a link to participate. Club meeting dates for the fall are tbd. More information will be available on the Event Program Calendar soon.
Please see our Book Club Selections for: