Book Clubs for Children
Registration for our Fall 2021 Virtual Book Club session will open on Monday, September 13th at 7 pm online for all Children’s Book Clubs. All book clubs will be meeting virtually until further notice. Please register only if you are able to attend all meetings in the session.
A list of titles read in past sessions of each book club is available for readers looking for reading suggestions.
We offer the following book clubs for children
(due to the popularity of our book clubs and to allow the greatest number of children to participate as possible, each child is limited to participation in ONE of the following non-specialty book clubs)
- Picture Book Posse (grades K - 1): 4:15 pm Wed 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15
- Tadpoles (grades 1 - 2): 4:15 pm Thurs 10/14, 10/28, 11/18, 12/09 & 12/23
- Bookmarks (grades 2 - 3): 4:15 pm Tues 10/12, 10/26, 11/09, 11/23, 12/07 & 12/21
- Next Chapter (grades 3 - 4): 4:15 pm Wed 10/13, 10/27, 11/10, 11/24, 12/08 & 12/22
- Page Turners (grades 4 - 5): 4:15 pm Tues 10/05, 10/19, 11/02, 11/16, 11/30, & 12/14
Specialty Book Clubs
- ComicSquad (grades 4 - 5): 4:15 pm Thursday 10/7, 10/21, 11/4, 12/2 & 12/16 - bi-weekly book club that focuses on reading and discussion graphic novels and comic books. Come discover new graphic novels and connect with other readers who enjoy this format!
- BookTalks (grades 4 - 6): 7 pm Monday October 4th, November 1st & December 6th - this monthly book club encourages readers through novels and nonfiction to take steps to becoming citizens of the wider world and seeing a broader perspective. We’ll be reading stories that offer a different perspective of the world from how we may experience it and talking about what that means. We’ll be discussing issues such as human rights, diversity, and current events as they relate to the books we read.
In order to allow the greatest amount of children to participate in our book clubs, we have implemented the following rules
- Other than our specialty book clubs (Book Talks & ComicSquad), registration is limited to 1 club per child.
- Participants must be able to attend all sessions in the season for which they register. Please do not register if you have a known conflict for more than one of the dates.
- Due to the popularity of our clubs and the waiting lists of children wanting to participate, participants will be allowed one no show. If your child misses a second club meeting, we will give their space to the next child on the waiting list. We understand that illness and emergencies occur, and those absences, if communicated with staff, will not be considered a no show. If you are removed from a club due to lack of attendance, you will not be allowed to register for any club in the next session.
- Please be on time. Late arrivals are disruptive to the discussion and may not be admitted.
Book Clubs: What We've Read