Previous Next
Record 39/57
Description 
The Liberator, 1 issue, April 29, 1859 Anti-slavery: "No Union with Slaveholders" (Cataloger's note: The Liberator (1831-1865) was an abolitionist newspaper founded by William Lloyd Garrison in 1831. See http://www.theliberatorfiles.com/ According to the Lexington Historical Commission, a house at 23 Eliot Road was built in 1900 for Charles Follen Garrison, the son of famous abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison. Charles was named for Charles Follen, founding minister of the Follen Community Church who was a noted abolitionist and Unitarian minister and died in 1840. Two of W.L. Garrison’s other sons also had homes on Munroe Hill. William, Jr. lived on Percy Road. http://historicsurvey.lexingtonma.gov/lexareas/area-o.htm)
Newspapers -The Liberator -Cary Memorial Library 2011. All rights reserved.
The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355 www.carylibrary.org   
Last modified on: April 29, 2014