||Edwin B. Worthen Collection
|Date of photo
||Old (first) High School recitation room and physics lab, east side, 1896.
"This is the recitation room on the East side - the boys' side. Used largely as a physics laboratory. Remember how well those desks were carved with the initials of various occupants! On the top - over the main room was a long, low narrow room used as a chemistry laboratory."
||Lexington High School (First, 1854-1902)
||Lexington High School recitation room, east side, 1896