Previous Next
Record 122/301
Description 
Chandler-Merriam House (Goodwin Road) Hancock Street. "Still standing. Picture taken many years ago. The house was built in 1847 by Samuel Chandler. In the same year his brother Daniel built a house, the exact duplicate of this one, on Massachusetts Avenue going up Concord Hill and now owned by Mrs. Franklin R. Kimball. The value of this picture is that it shows how Mrs. Kimball's house looked before it was remodeled. The Hancock Street house was occupied for many years by Matthew H. Merriam."
Lantern Slides -Chandler-Merriam House -Cary Memorial Library 2011. All rights reserved.
Image
Chandler-Merriam House
001\Worthenslide207.JPG

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355 www.carylibrary.org   
Last modified on: April 29, 2014