Previous Next
Record 119/301
Description 
Students in front of Franklin School, Concord Avenue. "This is the third school house built on northwest side of the road, built in 1851. The first school house built in 1804 was on approximately this same site. The second built in 1820 was on opposite side of the street - enlarged in 1834. The third school house was built in part by private subscription as the town sold only enough for a one-story building. Building sold in 1903 to J. W. Hayden, Jr. and it became part of his residence (now Scheibe), Lincoln Street."
Lantern Slides -Franklin School, Concord Avenue -Cary Memorial Library 2011. All rights reserved.
Image
Franklin School
001\Worthenslide204.JPG

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355 www.carylibrary.org   
Last modified on: April 29, 2014