Previous Next
Record 39/301
Description 
Simon W. Robinson house, Harrington Road. "This is the home of Simon W. Robinson on Elm Avenue (Harrington Road) for whom Simon W. Robinson Lodge of Masons is named. He was a 33 degree Mason. Came to Lexington in 1847. It is known that in one of the attic rooms were painted the masonic symbols and it is the tradition that small groups of masons met here during the anti-masonic years and that Mr. Robinson used them for masonic instructions. The house was built after the Revolution. It was purchased by Dr. J. Odin Tilton about the time of his second marriage in 1894 and the piazza and circular bay windows were added. When Dr. Tilton built his present home this old house was moved to the south corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Parker Street where it now (1940) stands."
Lantern Slides -Simon W. Robinson house, Harrington Road -Cary Memorial Library 2011. All rights reserved.
Image
Simon W. Robinson house, Harrington Road
001\Worthenslide133.JPG

The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library

Cary Memorial Library 1874 Massachusetts Avenue . Lexington, MA 02420 781-862-6288 | Fax 781-862-7355 www.carylibrary.org   
Last modified on: April 29, 2014