WHO MAY RESERVE MUSEUM PASSES?
RESERVING A MUSEUM PASS
- Museum passes are available to adults (18 years or older) who live or work in Lexington, or on Hanscom Air Force Base, and who hold a valid library card.
PICKING UP A MUSEUM PASS
- Museum passes may be reserved up to 60 days in advance, either online at www.carylibrary.org, in person, or by phone at 781-862-6288 ext. 220.
- You are limited to 1 pass per day, 2 per week (Sun-Sat), and a total of 8 per month.
- Because we are a very busy library, we ask that when reserving in person or by phone, you limit yourself to 2 reservations at a time.
- Please have your card in hand when reserving passes in person or on the phone.
- Please be considerate with your reservations during school vacation weeks so that more families may visit the museums.
RETURNING A MUSEUM PASS
- You must present a valid library card at the Circulation Desk to check out a pass. The card used to check out a museum pass must be the same one with which the reserve was made.
- Dated coupons may be picked up at the circulation desk at any time. Museums and organizations using dated coupons currently include the Museum of Fine Arts, The Museum of Science, The New England Aquarium, The Children's Museum, Institute of Contemporary Art, and the Pawtucket Red Sox.
- All other passes may be picked up between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on the day of use.
- Please call if you wish your pass held past noon, or it will be given to the next patron requesting it. Failure to pick up or cancel a reserved pass by noon will result in a fine of $2.50.
- For days when the library is closed, passes may be picked up the previous day.
- Passes (not including dated coupons) must be returned by 10:00 a.m. on the next morning that the library is open.
- Passes may be returned in the bookdrop in the box provided.
- Overdue fines are $2.50 per day or part thereof. There is a $10.00 replacement fee for a lost pass, or a $2.50 replacement fee for a lost box.
RESERVE A MUSEUM PASS ONLINE!
- Not yet registered?
Before reserving a museum pass online, please come to the library to register in our new museum pass reservation system.
- Already registered?
Book a museum pass by selecting a museum or a date.
View and/or cancel your reservations.
Museum passes guidelines may change seasonally without notice. Please check with the individual museum for up-to-date information.
Have a suggestion? Email the .