We have multiple ways that you can download eBooks and digital audio books to your computer or mobile device. If you need more help, or can't find what you're looking for here, ask at the Reference Desk.
We are part of the Minuteman Library Network, a regional consortium of libraries, which provides us with checkout services not only to our own digital books, but also to a large collection of shared digital books.
The Gale Virtual Reference Library comprises a large selection of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
Lexington is one of the pilot libraries for the MA eBook Project, a step towards statewide access to eBooks.
Because this is a pilot project, we are all exploring together - stop by the Reference Desk and let us know what you have discovered!
There are currently 2 products you can use: Biblioboard and Baker & Taylor Axis 360.
You can access Biblioboard content from the web, or from an app on your mobile device.
In order to checkout items from Biblioboard, you must set up a Biblioboard account:
- Go to the Biblioboard website.
- Click the Login icon at the top right.
- Click the Sign Up Now button and set up your account.
If you want to use Biblioboard on your mobile device, download the appropriate app onto your device:
Apple App Store
Google Play Store
Android phones and tablets
Baker & Taylor Axis 360
Checking out books from Axis 360:
- Go to the MA eBook Axis 360 website
- From the Library list, select Lexington/Cary Memorial Library
- Click on the book you'd like, and there will be a Checkout link if it is available, or a Hold link otherwise.
- You may check out up to 3 books at a time. During checkout, you will need to enter your library card number.
Still want more digital content? Get a Boston Public Library eCard for access to BPL's extensive list of downloadable content (including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, downloadable music and movies) as well as their online databases. Anyone who lives, works, attends school, or owns property in Massachusetts is eligible.